Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

3 posters

No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)

Cashan
    Cashan

No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 Empty Re: No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm

The skies began to lighten as morning was setting upon them which made it a little easier for her to navigate her way back to the sounds. She tried to take the easier and safest routes possible considering the load Liran had to bear. She didn't talk to Liran anymore while she walked, she tried to concentrate on the sounds around her trying to remember where she heard the water.

As she heard the water in the distance Liran changed their course slightly. He was now the navigator so she walked beside him helping move any branches that were in the way and keeping an eye on Ikra.

Liran almost stopped her in her tracks as he thanked her. " Don't thank me Liran. It was my fault he ended up on that ledge. I should of listened to him. " she was racked with guilt as she stared at Ikra although she was talking to Liran.

The sound of the water was ever increasing as they moved forward. It was louder then she imagined and she started to wonder what kind of river could make that kind of noise. Pulling a more branches back, she found the source of the sound. " Oh my. Liran look. " she said in wonderment. Before her stood a large waterfall plummeting from above. It was like an oasis amidst the trees. " Will this be ok? " she asked Liran hoping that she had done enough to help save Ikra.
    Contego

No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)  - Page 4 Empty Re: No Where Land (Open to all, the more that post the better the thread)

Post  Contego Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:30 pm

By the time they had reached the water Ikra was nearly in full human form, he stepped through and into the open passed Gabby where he lay Ikra down gently making sure not to hurt him any further. Looking around at what surrounded them he slowly got back up from where he had been stooping, “It's fine” he wondered off towards the water looking around slowly for anything he could find to carry some water across to Ikra.
    “I just need to clean the blood from him so I can see what the damage is” he mused his voice distracted as he knelt down picking up a few leaves that would be large enough to use to wipe the blood away.

Pulling his leg he tore some material from the trousers he wore, dunking it into the water he soaked it through ignoring the fact it was in no way hygienic seeing as he had no choice on the matter.
    Returning to the two of them he sat down with legs crossed setting about the slow cleaning of wounds.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 pm

She was in awe of the sight before her. She had been to Niagara falls sure but this was just gorgeous. Unfortunately she couldn't take the time to enjoy it. There were more urgent matters. She followed Liran to the spot where he had laid Ikra and knelt down beside him. He was starting to look more like the man he was when she had first met him.

Liran went over to the water to help clean Ikra up. Unfortunately neither brother had thought to bring the supplies they had gathered with them. Looking at Ikra her hand grabbed his. He was cold to the touch and he looked barely alive. " Come on Ikra. You gonna let a little fall off a cliff kill ya? That's nothing compared to a plane crash so just, wake up would ya.. please. "
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Picking up the cloth he wrung it out over Ikra's torso using the leaves he brushed them over his chest wiping away as much blood as he could his face growing an ever deepening frown as he saw the number and extent of the wounds. With out much in the way of medical equipment of surgical items he knew this fight would be up to Ikra, he couldn't give him blood he had nothing to transfer it across with.

He washed his body down section by section before taking another larger strip of cloth from his own clothing to cover Ikra's hip area as his body shifted fully back to human form. “Come on buddy” he sighed not sure he could take the stress if Ikra didn't recover.
    “Gabby I need to go and find some herbs or something to fight infection” he pushed up from the ground as he moved away. “Shout for me if you need me”

He had been struggling to resurface for a while, hearing his brother and Gabby just the effort to reply in one way or another seemed to much to take, his body despairing at the damage that had been done to it, he relented with a exhausted breath, body relaxing as he passed out.

Time passed and he jolted awake for some reason pain spiking beneath his skin deep within his chest as his ribs began to rearrange themselves. Gasping his hands shot up to his sides clutching them as his eyes shot open in panic.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Gabby had sat with Ikra while Liran tended to his wounds. She had hoped that by washing him down that the wounds wouldn't look as bad as they did but they were wrong. " God Ikra. " she murmured as she looked at the countless wounds she squeezed his hand a little tighter. Her pleas had fallen on deaf ears it would seem, nothing she had said seemed to stir Ikra as remained unconscious.

Once Liran was finished he set off again leaving her to stay with Ikra. " Okay.. um the plane's first aid kit will probably have saline in it. " she didn't know what else to say after that. She didn't say anything about the shouting, she had shouted for Ikra and looked at what happened to him.

She sat with him for some time looking for any signs of life or healing like her foot. Although she still wasn't sure what she was looking for. Sighing, she was exhausted. She felt like she hadn't slept in a week and given everything she had just been through she felt about twenty years older. Then the sounds of bone crunching and popping filled her ears and Ikra shot up in agony. Her hands went to his back and chest where she could feel the bones moving. " Hey hey hey shush now, I got ya, you're going to be just fine ok. Just lay back down. "
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Sucking in all the air he could it just didn't feel like enough he grasped at himself in terror unable to recall just what had happened the pain hazing his mind as his shoulder blades and back started to follow suit the bones crunching and grinding against one another to reform .
    Writhing against it he found Gabby's hands upon him trying to calm him, he moved upwards against her hold grabbing one of her hands as a life line to get him through the unnatural skeletal restructuring his body forced him through in one go.

It seemed to go on and on until he no longer had the strength to fight it,sagging back against the ground his breathing still laboured but less frantic, lost in the awful sensation.
    He had no idea how long it lasted but it seemed to be a life time before he could take a breath without drowning himself in agony but eventually it began to ease.
    “I don't like cats”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Gabby tried her best to comfort Ikra as his body went through horrendous pain. He grabbed her hand and almost broke it but she didn't stop him. He needed her hand and she wouldn't refuse him not until it was over. She thought that his pain would never end as his body convulsed and spasmed in pain. Tears formed in her eyes at the sight and at the pain running through her hand from his squeezing.

Finally he began to settle and lay back on the ground. Her grip didn't lessen on his hand although in his pain he was stronger then her. She couldn't help but smirk at his comment, how he found humor at a time like this she didn't know but she was grateful for it. " I am more of a dog person myself. " she chuckled. " You shouldn't of done that Ikra. You could of died and then me dragging your ass off that plane would of been for nothing. But.. thank you Ikra. I'm sorry. "
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Her chuckle seemed like the best sound in the world to him, he relaxed his head to the side a small tired smile playing his lips as his eyes closed the wounds on his flesh were not closing as of yet but their bleeding had slowed down to a trickle, still enough to endanger him should he lose any more.
    “My pleasure” he joked trying to stay as still as possible so not to worsen anything.
    “Hey where is Liran?” he asked quietly after silence stretched out for a while, he didn't know if anything else had happened since he had been fading out for most of the evening.
    “Nothing else happened did it?”

He came back in a rush having grabbed some items from the plane he sighed raising his head to the skies as if thanking the heavens once he had seen Ikra moving and a little more alive looking then he had been the last time he saw him.
    Moving over quietly he looked down not wanting to disturb him further.
    “Everything ok?” he whispered to Gabby.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

She smiled beaming at him knowing that although he wasn't right now, he would be ok. Although she still felt guilty for what had happened but at least he would recover over time. She didn't understand much about what Ikra was but she hoped that like her foot there would be nothing to show for what happened.

Placing a hand on his shoulder she squeezed lightly. " Everything is fine Ikra. Liran went to get some stuff to put you back together again. " no sooner had she spoken Liran returned. She looked over at him as he whispered. She nodded silently at him and smiled to reassure him that Ikra was fine. " Can I do anything for you Ikra? Do you need anything? " Right now she was feeling pretty useless and wanted nothing more then to try and help.
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:54 pm

He turned his head at a sound to see Liran sheepishly coming towards them he relaxed as far as he could and shook his head to what Gabby said to him, he didn't need anything he just wanted to sleep. He closed his eyes again and tried to drift off to sleep before his skin started to heal properly which would bring him further pain.
    "No thanks, i'm just tired"

Liran moved over to the two of them and sat down in silence waiting until Ikra was fully asleep before he would start to do anything to him.
    Putting the first aid kit out in the middle so Gabby could help him should she want to help which he figured she probably would.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:52 pm

She let go of him seeing he was trying to sleep not wanting to disturb. " You get some sleep. You need the rest. " she said as he dozed off. She sighed as she ran her hands through her hair. She was exhausted and her body ached but she knew her and Liran would have to spend some time taking care of Ikra's still exposed wounds.

She didn't need an invitation to start helping herself to the saline, cotton wool and bandages she started applying basic first aid to Ikra's arm. She had never had any real first aid training and what little she had was with animals on the farm but she figured that they were all animals in the end. She chuckled to herself at her own thoughts, it was funny given the situation she was in. " Liran, how did you... become what what you are? " she was curious about the two brothers history and given that they seemed like they were going to be alone again for a while now seemed like the perfect time for a heart to heart.
    KC

Post  KC Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Ciara

her boots barely made a sound as she approached the waterfall, hiding herself well since she'd covered herself in mud. It had served two purposes, blockage of the sun on her skin and to give herself a little boost in hiding from Harlin. Their last encounter had been brief but nasty, Harlin almost killing her with a snare trap and flare gun he had salvaged from the piece of wreckage they had emerged from. Neither knew if anyone else had survived the plane crash but all Ciara hoped was that she could find someone else to help her capture her fugitive and help defend herself from all of the other nasties hiding in such a place. With her gun drawn she scoured the fringes of the waterfall, slowing only when she heard odd noises not to far away...voices
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:41 am

He unrolled some gauze soaking it through with saline he meticulously cleaned each would out of all debris and dirt to make sure when they closed they would close clean, he covered each wound in sterile bandaging, concentrating on the worst of them, the minor wounds would heal alone without covering.
    Lost in his own thoughts his expression sombre he glanced up as Gabrielle spoke to him all most as though he had forgotten she was there.

Blinking to clear his head he looked back down at the task in hand his expression darkening as his brow furrowed.
    “Ikra has always been... for want of a better word different” a bitter sweet smile pressed his lips soon to fade.
    “We had a complicated childhood, we both handled it differently, Ikra more destructively then I...” he paused in memory of the night that changed then forever.
    “He was drunk and on something, he called me..I can't remember why but he was all sorts of messed up, so I went to find him, when I got there this...this thing it was on him” he looked at his brother's sleeping face searching it.
    “I didn't know what to do so I picked up a metal trash can from the path and hit it God only knows how many times...it just wouldn't let go so I grabbed Ikra and tried to pull him away. He had a knife in his jacket..I found it and I stabbed the thing and it let go, it turned on me, bit me over my heart then ran”

Taking a steady breath he froze something had changed around them a subtle difference enough to set his eyes ablaze the his body shuddering his muscles responding to the threat as he jumped to his feet ready to defend them both to the death.
    Growling the growl of a cornered and warning animal he stepped forward his form growing in height and size to respond to the threat.
    “Show yourself!”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Gabrielle finished on the wounds on his arms not wasting bandage on the smaller wounds that looked like they were already knitting together. She ran her finger over a small wound that closed beneath her skin. She imagined that's what her foot was like when Ikra had ran his blood along it.

Soaking some more bandage she gently began washing some more of the blood off his body particularly his neck and face. Ikra was being surprisingly open with her. She had expected him to be more hesitant but surprisingly he opened up rather easily. She listened intently glancing from Ikra to Liran as he spoke of what had happened. She couldn't help but frown a little as he spoke of the attack. What they had gone through was awful. She was hoping that maybe they were born this way but the way it happened, well it didn't bare thinking about.

" I... " she never got to finish her sentence as Liran's composure suddenly changed. She tensed up and inched a little closer to Ikra. He was defenseless in his sleep but if she stayed close maybe she could wake him up if Liran needed help. But he was not in any form to fight, not yet. She only hoped that whatever was approaching was friendly and they weren't about to end up another fight.
    KC

Post  KC Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:04 pm

There were no doubt many odd things Ciara had seen since freelancing, though when she crept towards the noises of people talking and had made the mistake of moving obviously too loud her jaw dropped as the growl erupted. She had almost tried to clean her eyes as the man not too far from her grew in height and bulk.
    "jesus mary and joseph" she whispered to herself as she raised her glock with a nervous swallow. She had hoped to stumble on someone who didnt look as dangerous but Harlin was out there somewhere no doubt still stalking and she needed the company. she wondered and hesitated for a moment as her eyes scanned across to the motionless body of one...dead perhaps? and a woman, her stance completely rattled by the sudden motion of the situation.
    It took another few seconds before Ciara slowed her breathing, standing up and walking cautiously out of the shadows infront of the man...or rather beast as she managed to get a decent look once out in the open. Her glock still raised as she stood out she recognised their faces from the plane, the woman having moved passed her at some interval at the loos after takeoff and the motionless form of the guy she had sat near in the departure lounge.
    "And here i was thinking i was one of two survivors" she openly spoke, keeping her eyes on the man infront of her. "Put the teeth away and ill lower this" she added staring at him
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:16 pm

He watched the woman his eyes full of warning as she moved towards him seeming to be genuinley concerned by his changing stature, he frowned not buying the fear which crossed her face the gun held in her hands raising alarm bells.
    “Stay the fuck put” he hissed not wanting her any closer to Ikra or Gabrielle.
    “Gabby stay there” he grumbled as he was the one who started to cross the open space towards the woman, unless the gun had silver in the bullets he was not bothered only a head shot would really slow him down.
    “How did you get a gun on that plane?” he asked his head inclining towards the weapon. “It's not a common thing to have firearms”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Gabby stayed by Ikra on the ground as the woman with a weapon appeared. For the first time tonight she was actually relieved, at least it wasn't an animal. The woman must of been on the plane, a survivor like them. Once that everyone realized that the other wasn't a threat everything would be ok.

Liran took the offensive with her which was understandable given she had a gun pointed at him. She wondered how a bullet would effect him given that little else truly seemed to injure them, at least not for long. Standing up slowly with her hands up she spoke to Liran. " Liran, I don't think she wants to hurt us so maybe you should back off a little. " then she turned to the girl. " I'm Gabrielle, Gabby, if you like. We were all on the plane too. Ikra is injured, from the crash. We are just trying to patch him up. Do you think you could put the gun down? We're not going to hurt you. " she smiled at the woman hoping her calm and friendly approach might put the womans nerves at ease. Given everything they had been through it was probably safe to say she too had dealt with her fairshare.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:08 pm

"Okay big boy just calm the hell down" Ciara replied with a twinge of humour, pulling her badge from her pocket
    "Bounty hunter, I have my ways" she replied, lifting the gun a little as he came closer.
    "Have any of you spotted any other survivors? particularly a male?" she asked as she reaffirmed her stance. She would throw down if she had too though when Gabby introduced herself she gave the woman a half hearted smile, and after a long bout of reluctance she finally switched the safety on her glock and lowered it with a sigh
    "look im not gonna try and shoot you unless you intend on shreading me a new one so lets just get a little more peachy, Ciara".
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:26 pm

He seemed to miss the joke his eyes narrowing, Gabby being all friendly didn't help he could have screamed at her for risking them all but luckily for them the woman held out some ID, he gazed at it his stature returning to one of a human again, he took a step back giving the woman more room to move, at first he didn't speak he regarded her in silence not about to take any chances whilst his brother couldn't defend himself.
    His interest quirked however when she mentioned she was looking for someone, alarm bells sounded in his mind, a bounty hunter wouldn't be looking for someone unless they were some kind of criminal.
    “No we haven't. Who are you looking for?” he asked getting to the point as he shifted an uneasy gaze to check on Gabby and Ikra, quickly sweeping their surroundings.
    “And why?”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Gabby looked at the two and hoped that the tension between them would subside. The woman pulled out a badge and she was surprised to find a bounty hunter all the way out here. But it also filled her with dread. If there was an armed bounty hunter on the plane that meant she had a prisoner. She shook her head to correspond with Lirans answer. She spotted his uneasy glare and returned it.

Sitting back down beside Ikra she pressed the back of her hand against his cheek to check for a fever. ' He is burning up. ' she thought before remembering his comment about running hot before. ' Must be a wolf thing. ' she muttered now releasing it would be harder to tell if he had infection or not. Now that tensions had eased she was happy for Liran to play the part of overprotective male while she watched over Ikra.
    KC

Post  KC Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:40 pm

When Liran managed to subdue his animal instincts Ciara finally holstered her glock, heaving a huffed sigh as she glanced back at Gabby and Ikra before she looked back to Liran to answer him
    "I was excorting a fugitive by the name of Harlin back to a contact before our plane crashed. our piece landed a few kilometres from here and when i woke up he had managed to break free of the cuffs I had on him" she told them.
    "He's dangerous, damn dangerous and I want him under control" Ciara admitted as she looked past Liran again and nodded.
    "How bad is he?" she asked taking a step towards them but not fast enough to present a threat "I have pain killers i managed to scour from someones overhead bag" she offered
    Contego

Post  Contego Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:23 pm

“Well this just keeps getting better and better” he muttered to himself his eyes now every so often sweeping all around them his senses on high alert, at least he would hear him should he approach.
    If the bounty hunter seemed to be concerned by this male he had even more cause to take it seriously.
    “He's bad enough, his bones are healing, internal injuries and external will take more time he probably exhausted himself with reforming” he muttered not caring that the new woman didn't know what they were, he had enough of playing hide and seek. He might as well play his hand so they would all know what they were working with.

“We can't stay here now, we need to move we are out in the open. If we move somewhere with cover but close enough that I can still hear the waterfall I will be able to hear if he comes for water” he started to move back to Ikra they would have to move him, he wouldn't be happy about it Liran knew that much.
    “Just why is your fugitive so dangerous?”
    KC

Post  KC Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:48 pm

"right, so im thinking with the hairy welcome you've got canine in you" Ciara responded, announcing what she had observed and taken into account upon her approach. She hoped they would be accepting to have her close, someone with canine dna and the ability to increase size and strength would be an assett to her. Wrongly however she thought they were of a similiar creation to Harlin. She listened to Liran as he explained the idea of moving, though she held some hesitation in the knowledge that while they would have cover, so would her fugutive.
    "yeah i guess it would help having water nearby aswell in this place" Ciara relented. Though she glanced to Gabby and Ikran before she continued, walking over to join the three of them in a closer gathering, effectively integrating her into the group to be a little more comfortable.
    'I only have him as Harlin, I could show you his file but i expect the papers are either burnt up or dispersed over this place and in the wreck. He is a genetic mutation, like a hyper version of a human, accelerated regeneration, no emotional sense think of a fleshy robot" she sighed "My contact paid for me to hunt Harlin down and take him to their facility to take over, they will only tell me that they had a glitch in his maintenance program" she explained, feeling a little nuts talking about such strange contact information. given they were stuck in the middle of nowhere all aspects of confidentiality were pretty much out the window.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm

She sat by Ikra feeling pretty useless as the two of them bantered back and forth. This Ciara seemed more then capable of defending herself and yet she had nearly let Ikra get killed protecting her.

She didn't know if moving Ikra in the current state he was in was the best idea and she wanted to speak up but Ciara seemed to agree with him and given how dangerous this prisoner sounded maybe it would be better if they were hidden especially in Ikra's state.

She sat there trying to process everything that was going on. " Wait, just hold on. I need to get my head straight. So I am trapped on an island with some kind of robotic hyper person thing. Creatures that I can't even begin to comprehend have been attacking us. You and Ikra are werewolves? I mean is that even the correct term? Then there's the whole almost dying in a plane crash thing and now Ciara. " her whole rant seemed a little manic as she was clearly overwhelmed by everything that was going on. " Ciara.. are you human actually never mind, what are we going to do for Ikra? Can we move him in this state? "
    Contego

Post  Contego Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:39 pm

The more Ciara told him about this man the more annoyed Liran had become, why put such a being on a flight like theirs, he should have been transported away from the general public in a prison transport plane.
    He shook his head rolling his eyes though he didn't bother arguing with this woman, it sounded like they would probably all need each other in the hours to come, her probably more so then them but he knew he couldn't turn his back.

Looking over to Gabrielle he couldn't help feel sorry for her, her comment on werewolves did make him smile though he banished the expression quickly.
    "Lycans but if you want to call us werewolves go ahead it really doesn't matter" he glanced down to Ikra knowing it wouldn't be fun.
    "He will cope just fine"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:06 pm