Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Kinsley MacNamara
Safe Haven EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 am by KC

» Keenan ford off iwaku
Safe Haven EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:00 am by KC

» Kaitlyn Byrne & Family - Family Ties
Safe Haven EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm by Cashan

» Meribeth Brodie - Uniting the Nation
Safe Haven EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm by Cashan

» The Mulligan's - Ashthorne
Safe Haven EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm by Cashan

» The Harrison's - Ashthorne
Safe Haven EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm by Cashan

» Ross McAlister
Safe Haven EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 pm by KC

» Cillian Cavanaugh
Safe Haven EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 2:58 pm by KC

» Tales of Rockford
Safe Haven EmptyWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am by KC

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am

Affiliates

free forum

photo risenbutton_zpsd68a70fd.jpg free forum

3 posters

Safe Haven

Cashan
    Cashan

Safe Haven Empty Safe Haven

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

This a futuristic apocalyptic type RP. Vampire, human and dhampir chars are welcome. The current time setting is 2100 ad almost 50 years to the date of The Cleansing. Haven is based in the suburbs of Nightmute City, a vampire dominated area. Every vampire is assigned a 'donor' from whom he or she can feed whenever they so wish. The humans who live in Haven refer to vampires as leeches and the humans that serve them as blood whores.

This is the only documented evidence from the time of the cleansing from a humans perspective we have yet to find. Circulate it, everyone must know the truth. Everyone must fight!

Time is short so I must keep this account brief. My name is Thomas Skelly I was there to witness The Cleansing. In the evening of the 25th July 2050 the cities and towns of the world began to cry out. The vampires, the leeches, came out from the shadows and began feeding off humans uncontrollable without prejudice or mercy. This continued for five nights until finally we were granted twenty four hours reprieve.

This reprieve was not granted out of mercy or kindness but for a decision to be made. You could either decide to become a " donor " as they called it, more like a slave or die. In their fear the majority gathered like cattle to be branded by the vampires and assigned to their new roles. But some fought bravely and were slaughtered for their efforts.

But there are rumors of an underground sect. A faction of humans who made out of the city and found sanctuary. They say that if you look you can find the clues that point to the direction of The Haven. Maybe it's an urban myth, a fairy tail for those of us left. What more could an old slave dream of other then a way to escape this nightmare.

If you find this letter, avoid the cities, go to the country side the vampires, those leeches will avoid the open space and if you can get to the Haven, wherever it may be.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Safe Haven Empty Re: Safe Haven

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Ebony's perfectly white fangs dug into the scarred flesh of the malnourished yet somewhat handsome male. The sweet elixir that was his blood ran down her throat, nourishing her, sustaining her. The male stood unflinching as the fangs pierced his skin. But within a few moments his grew visable weaker, his legs and knees buckled. He fell to his knees first but not once did he complain or make a sound.

Knowing that if she drank anymore her meal would die she retracted her fangs. " Her hand stroked the head of the male as she remained in her lounger. " Thank you Sebastian, now get out of my sight! " she said with venom on her tongue. The male unsteadily got to his feet and walked out of the large office like room. Licking her lips she arose from her seat as the door closed behind him. Looking out over the city and her panoramic view. This was her domain, her kingdom and right now she was it's god.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spitting the blood out of her mouth, Alexandra dragged herself along the muddy ground, if only she could reach her gun. " Is this what you are looking for? " the male vampire moved ahead of her and pressed against her hand as he picked up her gun. " Isn't this a nice piece of tech you got  here little girl. You know you really shouldn't play with toys that you can't handle. " His protruding fangs were a stark contrast to the night sky that framed them. She could feel the bones in her hands crushing under his weight but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of displaying her pain.

" Hmm I wonder what the best way to kill you would be. I could just shot you with your own gun and drag you back to the city or should I just drain you here and leave your body to the rats. " he smirked so confident, so arrogant. He had lowered himself down now and had wrapped his hand around her throat. He may be old but he was foolish and cocky and wasn't paying attention.

As he gloated about a yet to be won victory her left hand, the one that wasn't being crushed was slowly slipping down her body. She had to focus on the vampire in front of her so he wouldn't suspect. Reaching the top of her knee high boots she managed to grab a hold of the most crude weapon in her arsenal. " I'm afraid there's been a change to the menu tonight, I'm not on it. " She could see the laugh that was about to come but her blade had met his chest first. His body withered in front of her as she retracted the silver blade. The sun would take care of his body in the morning so there was no need for a clean up. A trail of dead bodies were the same as a neon flashing light saying I am here come eat it me. Grabbing her gun she placed it back in the holster and kicked the vampires body for good measure. " Nobody touches my gun. " she spat wiping her mouth of the blood.

Dusting herself off she left the body behind after covering it enough so it wasn't obvious from the outside but that the sun could turn it to dust. She had made it this far away from the city and nothing, not anything was going to stop her now. She had come to far and Haven was so close she could feel it.
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:34 pm

“I know James... Look there is nothing I can do about it, if you think you can do a better job feel free” he growled at the burly man following him protesting against the state of the furnace room and their lack of product.
    “It wouldn't be hard” James replied harshly.
    Grabbing James by the scruff of his shirt Crowe had him up against the wall with a thud before he would have known what had happened.
    “Look if you have such a problem with it you go out there and get some fucking wood see how long you last prancing around like a fucking lumber jack... No one wants to volunteer because its a suicide mission. You can wait and shut your hole until I arrange enough protection for us to go out”

Releasing James, Crowe looked upwards to his right hand man who had come rushing down the halls towards them “Maxwell i'm going to do a perimeter check, keep your wits about you, lock the doors after me and listen out”  Anything just to get away and have five minutes to himself.
    Pulling the huge cast iron door Crowe walked out into a pitch black tunnel, the walls moist covered in moss, dripping sounds accompanying his steps he walked for at least ten minutes before coming out into the open having to push his way though man made bushes.
    “Thank fuck for that” he growled to himself moving the home made shot gun he carried from its strap and into his hands.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Having put some distance between her and her victim she was eerily quiet as she moved through the long grasses. This far tracking the humans had been relatively simple. She wasn't sure whether they had just grown lazy over the years or didn't have the necessary skills but they had left their scent everywhere. ' No wonder the vampires are starting to wonder further. ' she muttered to herself. So far the only thing she could see that protected the humans was distance and open space. No vampire would travel this far and risk traveling through daylight, not in these open fields.

Looking among the trees it was clear that dotted among them were stumps. ' Man made. ' she muttered. She knew she was close. She knelt on one knee and closed her eyes opening up her senses as much as she could. It had been some time since she had blood or food for that matter, her senses were not as keen as they could be but she felt something, vibrations and maybe even a murmur. ' It's a wonder they have made it this long. ' she said as she shook her head. Changes will have be made if she manages to pull this off.

Her thoughts were disturbed by a rustling close by. In the knelt position she reached for her small handgun and pointed it directly towards the bushes. " If you don't want to be blown sky high mate you better get out from those bushes. " she ordered coolly. She remained low making herself a smaller target. The person was downwind and that made it harder to get their scent. For now she couldn't take any chances, the target would be treated as an enemy until proven otherwise.
    Contego

Post  Contego Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

“OK, Blow me sky high see where it gets you” he replied coolly his eyes searching until they found a female form crouching down in some tall grass not more then fifty foot from him.
    Moving into a clearer area he had already assessed the woman and for once he was glad to have come out alone and left Maxwell and the others inside.
    So far he had kept his shotgun down by his side, he had his hands on it ready to draw it up if he needed to use it, the woman had called out first instead of just shooting, that if anything was a good sign to him.

“Just what are you doing wondering this far out into the brush?” he decided to take a few more steps forward so he could face the woman head on.
    “Coming out alone is asking for trouble if your human, seeing as you are all by yourself I have to question your motive”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

' Hmm cocky and arrogant, clearly a man in charge. ' she muttered to herself. It could be a vampire but the scent in the air was wrong. She watched his every muscle move and react as he made his way towards her and away from the bushes. She rose up slowly her gun still aimed at him. Seeing that he had not drawn his she paid him the same courtesy and holstered hers but her hand remained on the gun.

" If I was a vampire I wouldn't of given you the opportunity to live and I certainly wouldn't be using tech. " she said referring to her guns. " I am searching for the one they call ' the crow. ' He wouldn't happen to be around here would he? " she asked with a sense of knowing. Everything about him screamed at her that he was the one he had been searching for but she doubted he would so easily admit to a stranger who he was. If she couldn't him to bring to Haven, she had other ways of convincing him.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 am

“If you were a vampire that would be exactly what you would be doing right now. Lulling me into a false sense of security on the ruse of being a human being to try and trick me out of information or locations... fortunately if you are one, I have none of that knowledge so you're shit outta luck”
    She had lowered her gun, his eyes narrowed at the sight, what was she playing at? If he were in her shoes there would be no way he would lower his arms.

He moved further out in the open exposing himself but forcing her to also mirror him if she wanted to continue with their conversation, should either of them shoot he wouldn't be walking away either way so he took the chance.
    “The Crow?” he smirked his thumb grazing his lower chin “What sort of urban legends are you chasing the only crows around here are of the feathered variety, I hope you haven’t come all the way out here for some myth”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 am

She both seemed to be watching each other intently, ready to strike should the other go on the offensive. " Had many run ins with vampires lately? If they have made it out this far they would of succumbed to their blood lust. You would of been torn to pieces by now. " She moved forward towards him reflecting his movements and exposing more of herself.

She smirked to herself as he recalled it being an urban legend. Maybe to the donors in the city it was a myth but she knew more then she was willing to tell right now. She started moving in a slow circle around him not moving any closer but it gave her a better view of him. " Let's see. Home made shotgun so you don't have access to high spec tech. Minimal supplies if any and you don't appear to have traveled far if at all. Taking that into account with the wood that's missing from the forest. I would say that Haven is not far from here, in fact I am willing to bet I am standing right on top of it. " Her hand gripped the top of her gun tighter. This could go one of two ways. He would shoot first and ask questions later or ask questions and then shoot. Either way she would get into Haven, even as a prisoner.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 am

“Smart mouth” he replied circling with her his movements slow and deliberate, she seemed to know what she was talking about, that didn't do much to make him feel better, most humans had a base knowledge of their foes but not an in depth one like this woman, it worried him, a web of creases forming upon his forehead and the corners of his eyes as he assessed the situation.
    She seemed brave, excessively brave, but she knew her tracking so it seemed.

“You're right, Vampires that would be this far in would be half crazed and out of their minds by now, they wouldn't notice all the little things you seem to be pointing out.. correct or not” in his circling he had been moving closer to her, gradually until now she stood within his arms reach. “I live in an abandoned farm not to far from here, I have made these items with my own two hands. Alone. My name is Peter and I really don't have time to talk about these fairy tales any longer so ..who ever you are, I would say it was nice to meet you but well” he shrugged stepping around her to walk on and away from Haven.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:45 am

She sighed as she listened to his complete and utter bullshit. " The hard way then. " she muttered to herself as she grabbed her gun and pointed it straight up into the air and fired two shots before pointing it back at him in case he decided to fire back. Her movements were quick and almost instantaneous. She had to watch herself now, if she was to quick he would suspect something so she had to restrain herself.

" Any of those crazed vampires that are nearby are now coming here. I also wonder how long it will take your friends from the farm to get here and see what all the commotion is about. So what do you say we cut the bullshit. " She knew time was short before either the other humans or the vampires caught up with them. " So now you have a choice, run back home to save your people from a fight or stand and fight. " this was as much a test for him as it was a way to get into Haven. She wondered what he would choose to do, what kind of man he would choose to be.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 am

He flinched with each shot but he didn't move to defend himself his teeth clenched the words “Stupid woman” hissing through them as he looked at her with unbridled contempt his silvery eyes narrowing as his jaw set into a hard line. No way in hell would he cave that easily, not on his life would he put the people in Haven in jeopardy by letting her in, especially now she had purposely given the vampires their location, she had given the blood sucking scum and invite to come onto their lands and doorstep.
    “No one will come, there is no one” his body radiated fury, it took all his self control not to shoot her in the face with the shot gun he had now moved into position ready for use.

Stalking away from her he moved right out into the open, it would at least mean the vampires wouldn't be as close to the tunnel entrance.
    While leaving him exposed it would also give the vampires now here to hide as they to would have to enter the clearing to get to him.
    “You just signed your own fucking death warrant”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:22 pm

She could feel the anger and rage bubbling beneath the surface. The dark half of herself giggled within her although her face remained emotionless. His body language told her more then he imagined. Knowing Haven was in danger he stepped closer to her not away. The entrance was behind him that much she knew.

Shrugging she dropped the gun that was pointed at him. " So be it. " Part of her enjoyed the thrill of a kill. Often the only way she could satisfy it was to kill those she hated, vampires. " That shot gun of yours won't be much use. Vampires in blood lust aren't like your regular vampires. They don't talk and gloat and enjoy the kill, they just kill. Here try this. " she said throwing the high tech double barreled rifle at him. " That little beauty coats regular bullets with silver rather then having to make silver bullets. It also starts to melt once the bullet in their system contaminating their blood stream. I think it will be to your taste. "

She seemed to be fully in in control and didn't think twice about throwing him the high tech weapon. " Make sure to give me a good send off. " she smirked at the death warrant comment. This guy had no idea who she was or what she was capable of, well he was about to learn a thing or to. * Rustling. Crackling. * " Oh good, I hate to be kept waiting. " she threw off her jacket revealing rows of wooden lats. Pressing a button on the side it suddenly shot out and formed cross bow on her arm. In a pouch on her leg she had some rough pieces of wood and proceeded to slot them into bow. Still looking at this so called Peter she smiled as she shot what was now shaped into a stake to her south east without looking. A hiss came from darkness and seconds later a dead vampire fell forward. The satisfaction of hitting her target was written all over her face. She enjoyed the kill maybe to much but that's what made her who she was. Eying the group of about a dozen more vampires she indicated for " Peter " to take a shot. " You're turn. "
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:35 pm

The vampires arrived as he knew they would, he cursed silently to himself at their numbers. It was a scout group, if they didn't kill and dispose of every single one of them they would report back and before dawn the place would be swarming with the scum.
    He glanced to the woman who seemed to be packing some kind of vampire killing arsenal, he was impressed, didn't show as much but also concerned by it, she seemed dangerous she proved as much taking the first vampire down.

Testing the weight of the gun she had thrown him, he didn't let his pride get in the way at the end of the day the weapon was superior to the one he had, he took aim and squeezed the trigger one bullet then another in quick succession proving himself to be a well skilled marksmen hitting each of the moving targets where he had aimed to.

The vampires went down, some thrashing some lifeless but no matter how many they shot their numbers meant that three or four would be able to get close enough for them to have to fight hand to hand.
    Sure enough the first vampire came upon him, barrelling into him like a freight train, its shoulder underneath his ribs lifting him from the grassy earth Crowe struggled managing to bring his elbow down swiftly to the back of the beasts neck, causing them both to land separate.
    Shoving his hands into his coat he tore a large silver double bladed dagger, this time he was ready.
    The vampire lunged jumping for him again, Crowe slashing the blade sidewards drew it across the creatures throat blood erupting almost comically, spraying all over Crowe and the earth around him.
    Grappling the body off of himself he shot back up onto hos feet ready for the next attack.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 pm

He was a man who got straight down to business and that was to be respected. He also handled the new weapon she had thrown quite well. He hadn't wasted a bullet which is something she appreciated. Everyone one of her bullets had a vampires name on it and she didn't like her shots to be wasted.

The rest of the vampires divided themselves up between the two of them. They weren't particularity skilled and so the first couple were easily taken care of with her bow and stakes. But as the the rest of them advanced her long range weapon became pointless. Pushing the button again it folded to form the wooden strips along her arm again. She pulled put the hand gun that she had been using to keep her new friend at bay and began shooting strategically hitting her target every time. Straight in the heart.

The corner of her eye was kept on him and his battle. She needed him alive and if he died he would be of no use to her not to mention she would never be accepted into Haven if she was responsible for killing one of their own. He was on the ground but he knew how to handle himself and quickly took care of the vampire that tackled him. But as the blood sprayed across him and the air she got distracted. A stupid mistake.
    " Oof. " the wind was knocked out of her as she was taken down by one of the vampires that had initially gone for Peter. His red eyes looked into hers and smiled gleefully at the thought of a feed. His fangs went straight for her neck and she flinched at the stabbing pain. She didn't seem to struggle much as he took the first bot of blood. But as soon as he had started to drink he started grabbing at his throat as if he had drank poison. Sitting in the upright position now almost choking she had armed herself. " Didn't anyone ever tell not to stick your fangs where they don't belong. " and then she brought her gun straight to his chest and pulled the trigger. Clean up of this later was going to take longer then she had wanted.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Pulling a four fingered knuckle duster from his pocket he slid it onto his right hand just as another Vampire rounded on him, raising his arm he pulled it back before one fluid move had it sweeping forward his fist connecting with the lower jaw of a female vampire who's teeth snapped wildly at him, her head snapped backwards as her legs kept running, sweeping her backwards she landed upon the back of her neck and shoulder with a thud, dropping onto one knee Crowe who again had the dagger within his hold ran it through the vampire upwards from her navel to her throat opening her up like a fish ready for gutting.
    The stench had him recoiling onto his feet stumbling back a step or two as he glanced towards the woman just in time to see what had happened, he frowned taken by surprise.
    “What the fuck?” he muttered without realizing his pause had been his failure as it had been with the woman moments before.

Slammed to the ground with enough force to knock the wind from him as his back impacted hard enough to disorientate him Crowe found himself beneath a male larger then himself, the dagger had been thrown from his grasp and into the long grass, swinging at it he beat it along the side of its head with the duster finding it to be little use as he yelled out in pain and surprise the vampire's fangs tore into his shoulder just left of his throat.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:40 pm

As the vampire was blown to pieces on top of her she put her hands on the ground and pushed herself onto her feet. She seemed completely unfazed by the bite that was slowly oozing blood. It sent the other vampires crazy to smell the blood in the air and took some of the heat off Peter. Shaking her head, there blood lust was making them far to predictable and making this far to easy. Pulling another hand gun from her side she started firing with both cylinders. Both arms moving as if they weren't connected to the same person, independent of each other and as before never missing her target.

Hearing the yelp she turned to look Peter and continued to fire. " Shit. " she muttered. Holstering her guns she pulled out a small ball and squeezed it then threw it at the group of thirsty vampires. In her head she counted down as she began to move towards Peter. ' 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. " A small boom could be heard from the direction of the vampires as all of them seized in pain, falling to the ground scraping at their skin until it dissolved. ' God I loved that. ' she said to herself as she could see the small needles that had been fired out from the ball. She had hoped to save that but needs must.

Reaching Peter, the vampire had his fangs sunk in good. She hoped she hadn't been too late. She then proceeded to send the vampire flying into the air with a nice firm kick into the side. It would hurt from Peter's point of view to have the fangs ripped out like that but it was better then having the blood drained from you. Standing over Peter almost guarding him, the vampire scrambled to his feet and hissed. " Bring it. " she muttered trying to give Peter a chance to get back to his feet or at least make sure he kept his fangs off him.

The male lurched and was quickly met with a right uppercut that knocked him back a few feet. The vampire stupidly again ran at her and this time Alex moved just in time for the vamp to run by her just a couple of steps. Her left arm hooked around the vampires throat taking him off her feet for a moment. Alex's hands then firmly gripped onto her head and quickly and precisely, snapped his neck dropping him to the ground. From another compartment in her back she pulled out a small axe and in a couple of blows removed the head from the body. Wiping her hand clean on her clothes she then went to Peters side. Kneeling on one knee her hands expected the two marks on his neck. " It will heal, was a clean bite. You're lucky. " she said pulling out a first aid kit. Grabbing some wadding and bandage she offered to apply pressure to the wound. " Now do you want my help or not Crowe? "
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Pain seized him the vampire twisting its fangs pushing them deeply through his flesh, he cursed and fought back with all he had but it wasn't enough the vampire quickly drawing large amounts of blood with each suck.
    With a tingling sensation running through his limbs Crowe could feel himself weaken by the seconds his mind hazing his last coherent thoughts cursing the fact he would go out in such a way.
    His heart beat soon became to loud in his ears to hear or think clearly his limbs relaxing back against the ground, slower and slower, louder and louder until it began to quietly falter and slow down his chest gasping heaving for oxygen it couldn't seem to process, then suddenly with a jolt things started to change, a uncomfortable wave of pain stung through his shoulder pulling him onto his side as the vampire for some reason let go.

Quietly he lay there stunned his limbs slowly getting the energy to once again move, he drew his hands up to the wound his mind clearing enough for him to wonder what the hell happened, why he wasn't dead?
    Then suddenly the woman was back, above him her hands upon his flesh as he blinked rapidly trying to clear the haze from his mind, he opened his mouth to speak to ask her if they were all dead but she beat him to it with her own question.
    Placing his hands against the earth he pushed downwards until he sat up his head lowering to fight the dizziness which tried to over take him. “Your help?” he breathed quietly “I think you just helped me enough don't you...?” he asked her, his way of thanking her for saving his life. “You know my name... you are?”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:27 pm

She placed the gaze and bandage over the wound and started wrapping to apply pressure. " Move slowly, it will help with the dizziness. " she voice was soft now, the softness it had been since they had met. The battle ready warrior had had her fill and now her whole demeanor had changed. She was more relaxed and seemed like a different person. Pulling out some spinach from a side pocket she placed it in his hand. " Chew that it will help at least initially. As for helping you well saving your life is just the start, if you want it that is. Now rest there for a moment, I got to clean up the mess. "

She patted him on the shoulder lightly and rose from beside him. She looked around and thankfully only a few bodies remained, the silver in the bullets had helped to dissolve the other bodies. Pulling out a water bottle and a sachet of powder she mixed the two and started shaking the bottle. She moved over to the body she had so elegantly decapitated and poured the mixture over the body. The body fizzed and bubbled as it started to dissolve. " Sorry about the smell. It's not a pretty process but it does the job. " She moved over to the other bodies and continued the process until there was no evidence that vampires were ever there.

" Now where were we? oh who I am. I'm Alex but we can talk more about that when we get you back to Haven. That's if saving your life is enough to at least get you to trust me even a little. " she said looking him over once again. She held her hand out to him as a gesture of good will hoping that her efforts and ammo weren't in vain.

Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 pm

A different tone came to her voice as she seemed to try and take care of him he wondered to himself if she had even had some family, his train of thought returning as she offered him some spinach he looked at it shocked by how prepared she was “That's clever” he muttered placing the vegetable into his mouth, he would have protested at the taste but he knew it was for his own good.
    For once he didn't protest at taking a break anyone that knew him would have been concerned by the fact he wasn't throwing himself straight back into work, but he would hate to admit it the vampire had got the better of him, he would have been dead should the vampire have been given a few more seconds.

She was right the smell wasn't something he had expected but he managed to deal with it easily, he had been witness to many situations some much worse then this. He watched as the vampires vanished into the fizzing messes that soaked into the ground, he had to admit the woman would probably be useful she had a never ended list of tricks by the looks of it.

He had by now started to get up taking it slowly so not to fall back down and look like an idiot, he took her extended hand with his right making sure the silver of his knuckle dusters would touch her, his little test before he would allow her in.
    Letting go he glanced at the flesh the whole exchange going on in a split second. Straightening up he swayed but remained upright.
    “Alright Alex, I'll bite excuse the pun, what do you have to gain by going to Haven, you seem fine on your own?”
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Her arm was steady as she helped him rise from the ground. She winced a little as the silver was against her skin but she still had bruises there from her past encounter and she could probably pass it off as residual pain. " You ok? " she asked as he swayed but letting go of his hand when she could. She rubbed her hand and made the bruises on the top obvious to him. " Unfortunately they were not my first encounter tonight, well unfortunate for him. " she said hoping he would buy her story. After all is wasn't entirely untrue.

She sighed as she tried to figure out the best way to explain her presence here. If she told the truth he would most certainly turn her away. " The people who have been taken from here back to the city, I have spoken with them. I made them a promise and that starts with me finding you and Haven of course. It's not about what you can do for me, it's what I can do for you. Now can we go before another party finds us and I have to save your ass again." she almost laughed but something held her back. Nothing about vampires was funny or to be taken lightly and that made it hard for her to even smile about it. She stayed by his side in case his step should falter but she was ready to proceed when he was.
    KC

Post  KC Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm

****off in another part of town***
    The burst of pigeons from the roof of the buildings above sent out a warning as the shrilling screech of a dying woman rang out across the industrial area of the city's fringe. the sound of boots thudding rampantly as a young man in his early twenties ran for his life, frantically looking over his shoulder as he mumbled breathlessly
    "Kara....Ka...god please...."
    Upon the air a slight hum cut across, the sharp and merciless tip of an arrow pierced the man in the middle of the back, tearing through his flesh as he let out a howl. There then came a flood of cackles and laughter, two sets of lusting eyes emerging from the dark of the shadows and into the street.
    Aurora stalked her catch slowly on the approach, pulling the crossbow back into its compact size as she gave a look over at Colt
    "Are you sure you dont want to spend more time doing this? Its just so much easier" she giggled as she skipped over to where the male howled and whimpered as he crawled across the cement, his hands scraping at the bitumen to try and get away. Behind them Colt followed, his hand clampered tightly down around the hair of the dting woman, whos eyes were half open, her breathing now laboured after being made to try and escape after they had slashed her archellis.
    "It's boring...these are boring' He growled frustratedly as he hefted the woman up by her hair and shook her as though she were a rag doll. "they just dont fight like they used to" He sighed, shoving the woman to the ground as he wandered over to Aurora, using one of his claw like nails to pick between his teeth.
    "Your such a sucker" Aurora chuckled as Cruz rolled his eyes at her, watching her pull the catch up with the arrow she'd shot him with.
    "ugh hurry up im not carrying them upstairs" Colt snarled as he stood about, looking over the streets lazily. They hadn't been in this place for long, having only just found an old hotel to stay in. it was perfect, not too far into the city and long abandoned since too many things had happened to humans in the place for them to bother with it anymore.
    Contego

Post  Contego Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:20 pm

He didn't seem to pay much attention to what she was saying, his mind else where as he fought back the cloud of exhaustion which loomed over him threatening to suck him in at any minute, he was still secretly furious he had been such a moron and let the other fight distract him.
    He stood still until he knew he would be able to walk again and with that he began to make his way back towards the opening to Haven.
    “Yeah. I'm fine” his clipped tone replied his eyes ahead. “You don't need to keep explaining yourself, i'll let you in....”
    He stepped through into the bushes, they would have to walk through the itchy vegetation for a few minutes before finding the hidden door.
    “Don't expect a warm welcome you will not get one. When they see the state of me there will be questions, keep your head down”
    He paused before the door blocking her view as he entered a code into a metal bolt system, the door clicked opening into the 1.5 mile dark tunnel.
    “I hope you understand that I will be watching you, one slip up and your as good as dead” his eyes had by now adjusted to the dark, he never looked at her as he spoke, all business, he knew he was going against his gut but at the end of the day she had saved his life, he owed her a chance at least.
    Cashan
    Cashan

Post  Cashan Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:13 pm

All had been calm among the city for the last few days, unusually calm. No vampire had been slain for at least forty eight hours maybe more. Normally this would be seen as a thing to celebrate, a sign of her complete and utter control over this city but instead her head was plotting and scheming as to what was going on. ' Where oh where has our little hunter gone? ' she asked herself not willing to believe that the pest had been eradicated so easily, someone would of come to take the credit.

Then in the distance she noticed a flock of pigeons being disturbed. It was unusual to say the least and for now it held her attention. She had grown bored of just watching the city this evening. Her black stiletto boots echoed around the room as she went to grab her fur. Throwing it on she exited the room and ordered for the car to be sent to be the door. Tonight she would leave her ivory tower and walk among the vermin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex had stayed close to Crowe guarding his back and she would be close by if he collapsed. " I know trusting me is a leap of faith Crowe. I would be hesitant to if I were in your position. " she replied back her voice getting gradually quieter weary that stragglers could be approaching the clearing they were just in.

Approaching the door she wasn't overly impressed by their means of keeping it hidden. She would have to give the security officer a few pointers once they were done interrogating her. " Oh really? You aren't going to roll out the welcome wagon when I arrive? " she said almost laughing. " Don't worry about me. I think I can handle whatever it is they have to offer. " She made no attempts to view the number he was entering into the key pad, she had no intentions of leaving just yet. As the door swung open and she looked down the dark tunnel, a wind up torch was pulled from her belt. She smirked as he threatened her but she clearly wasn't fazed by it. " If I like you I might even give you the first shot. Now after you. " she replied eager to finally enter Haven.
    KC

Post  KC Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:01 pm

"The expression on the face of the man Aurora had used for hunting stared, eyes wide in a frozen expression of horror as the heavy thud of bass vibrated through the concrete floors of the hotel, the suite lit with candles and the balcony doors pushed far back to open up the area.
    "BATTTTTTTTTER UP!" someone yelled with a cackle as he raised his head from the remains of a human, the womans stomach slit open while a man and two others feasted on her flesh, blood tainting the marble floors. Aurora held the decapitated head upside down, her fingers wrapped around the bottom of the mans jaw like a bowling ball as she lined up a throwing path to Colt who chuckled behind the whisp of his cigarette smoke, trails of white plume rising infront of his glimmering greens. His bloodied fingers gripped the baseball bat and his brows knitted in concentration as Aurora tossed the head in his direction. The crack had been covered by the noise of the music, though Aurora ducked and spun around to see the head fly out off the edge of the balcony into the streets below.
    The place was covered in lashings of gore, Colt tossing Aurora the bat with a small smile
    "told you this was much more fun" he relayed as she giggled. There was no doubt both of them had made an impact on the area around the hotel, bodies left strewn across the hotel lobby and stairwells where the group of vampires had settled. Colt didnt care much for the rules post the cleansing, he knew if the situation was in reverse there would be no letting up against their own. wiping a piece of matter from his cheek left from the impact of swatting a head so close to himself with the bat he wandered to the rail, leaning his elbows down against the edge as he looked over his view of the city.
    Contego

Post  Contego Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm

He paused waiting to hear the door close and click behind them, he would only then move on. To the naked eye the door would seem a pathetic attempt to keep the vampires out yet Crowe knew better, the iron used to make it had silver plated sections which were thick enough to keep the scum out, the walls of the tunnel were also coated in it making it very uncomfortable almost unbearable to any of their kind should they enter.
    As Alex tried to joke with him Crowe said nothing, not utterly convinced by what he was doing, a niggling feeling within his stomach warned him relentlessly against his actions yet he forced himself to move onwards.

Within ten minutes he reached another set of doors, this one with a one way mirror reflecting their images back at them in the darkness, Maxwell opened it promptly seeing Crowe his face a mask of horror to see the mess their leader had arrived in.
    Before Crowe had a chance to speak he was rushed by a flurry of Haven medics, Maxwell and his other soldiers shouting questions at him while holding Alex back.
    “ENOUGH” he boomed over the racket once he had gained his footing.
    “I'm fine, we're fine. She helped me leave her be” he pushed the hands away from him until the others moved back giving them room.
    “Go about your buisness, everything is fine” he looked at Maxwell. “I'm going back to my quarters, find the woman a room please, then come report to me” without further arguments he moved away.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am